Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 21, 2014

Memories

I'm sitting on a couch in my childhood home. It's the only thing left in the room. My family moved here when I was five years old. I started first grade here. Everything about the town is familiar. The last three years I lived here everything changed. I lived in this town for 13 years. That's over half my lifetime! I remember when we visited the town we thought it was strange how everyone waved at us. Everyone was so friendly and inviting. Now, the only time I'm comfortable in the town is at night. Everywhere I go, even now, people stare, but I want to think about the other times. For a moment, I'm going to remember this town before everything changed. I'm thinking back through the years. I learned so much in this little town. I was involved in so many different activities, and I met a lot of people. A lot of "firsts" happened in this town. The house is under contract now, and will be sold next month. Although the town doesn't feel the same anymore it will always be where I grew up, where I learned to ride a bike, I kissed someone for the first time, learned to play the clarinet, learned to drive, got my first job, made lifetime friends, fell in love, had my first heartbreak, bought my first car, and SO SO SO MUCH MORE. This is where it all started. Goodbye 901 New Jersey.


No comments:

Post a Comment